1994-07-22 - RE: Come On

Header Data

From: cyber1@io.org (Cyber City)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3e2ba0668a66f2bb2d67c0db04e0e829ff5b72a2419704139a60375869be09ff
Message ID: <m0qRCdr-000tzpC@io.org>
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Jul 94 21:55:37 PDT

Raw message

From: cyber1@io.org (Cyber City)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 94 21:55:37 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: RE: Come On

Connie Sadler <sadler_c@hosp.stanford.edu> writes:

<I find lines like the above very offensive/non-professional. I
>won't let it stop me from continuing on, but what's the
>point? I really don't get it.

CypherPUNKs is an offshoot of the cyberpunk paradigm, which can be
stated as "high tech/lowlife".  There are no claims of professionalism
as far as I know.  If cypherpunks share a common attribute, it is
probably their enjoyment of the _practice_ of encryption and related
disciplines.

I did not notice anyone insult you personally.  Surely if you find the
language offensive, the solution is to filter your mail, or else
unsubscribe.

--
Alex Brock

Thread