1994-07-28 - Re: Government-Controlled Trust Hierarchies

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@imsi.com>
To: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: 4fb1469fc6dc4b578f726ba6773424a2c2af2cc0837a729505f62397423c69df
Message ID: <9407280200.AA02238@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <199407271844.LAA14181@netcom10.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-07-28 02:02:07 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Jul 94 19:02:07 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 94 19:02:07 PDT
To: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: Government-Controlled Trust Hierarchies

Timothy C. May says:
> The Microsoft thing may be going down a similar track. The Microsoft
> paralegal who confirmed to me yesterday (via Blanc Weber, who can
> attest to what I'm saying) that MS is indeed pursuing SKE claimed
> that this is primarily to meet export laws and will not apply, he
> claims, to U.S. users.

By the way, just so everyone knows, I understand (based on a
conversation with Steve Kent, who should be a reliable source for
this) that Microsoft is one of the suppliers to the upcoming DMS, or
defense messaging system. The DMS will be using Tessera -- it means
that Microsoft and several other firms are going to be the largest
purveyors of escrowed software in the world.

Perry

Thread