1994-07-19 - Re: Ms. Nym’s stigmata

Header Data

From: catalyst-remailer@netcom.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5c7b272518cb95bd1cac246c88c9046c9b9129b2d8990ad6120e807614f235f1
Message ID: <199407192111.OAA21143@mail2.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 19 Jul 94 14:11:27 PDT

Raw message

From: catalyst-remailer@netcom.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 94 14:11:27 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Ms. Nym's stigmata

A quick review of the patent stigmata:

> I have been reading some fascinating interpretations of these and
> other prophecies lately.

Frequent Biblical allusions, particularly fond of apocalyptic references.

>                    I think your cause for privacy would actually be
> *advanced* by promoting an ID *card* under the following condition:

Attempts to mask underlying obsession with veneer of rationality.

> Anyone can obtain as many ID cards as they want.

Fixation on multiple personalities (tentacles, "pseudo-anonymity").

> Before you accuse me of heresy, consider the system of email address
> privacy that was championed earlier by Perry Metzger: you can get any
 [ and later ]
> Well, I do not appreciate threats in my mailbox such as "Go away--I'm not
> as gentle as Perry Metzger". I can't believe how torqued-up all you guys
> are. This mailing list is like a firing range.

Frequent mention of Perry Metzger.
Standard unit of torment: Perry Metzger.

> system with government? Or do you just want to get rid of governments,
> and use "privacy" as the reason? Yikes.

Tireless apologist and supporter of government.

> People, you may successfully get me to lose this account for no reason.

Paranoia never far below the surface.

Thread