1994-07-06 - Tempest: It’ll Receed

Header Data

From: kentborg@world.std.com (Kent Borg)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 63c21a6a1b8b48d35a0a4c6107b9a556074528ccc3d0f629d0ecf58c3d6f43d4
Message ID: <199407062015.AA02676@world.std.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 6 Jul 94 13:16:09 PDT

Raw message

From: kentborg@world.std.com (Kent Borg)
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 94 13:16:09 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Tempest: It'll Receed

The trends are in our favor.  Micros are getting more complicated OS's
(a Tempest attack on world.std.com is going to be a mess, I guess)
making for more complicated emissions, wimpy batteries and Energy
Star stickers  will slowly drive down all emissions (why waste the
power?), and so many appliances are now emitting from their embedded
CPUs--which is another thing that will drive emissions, the FCC.

But let's not get cocky: mostly we are sitting ducks for anyone
who wants to build a fancy radio, it is only the trend which good.

-kb

--
Kent Borg                                                  +1 (617) 776-6899
kentborg@world.std.com

Thread