1994-07-16 - Card Playing Protocol

Header Data

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 70bab933225be060d3366c16d135bfa6ae68c98d465abf5891727e4dc1e42dc5
Message ID: <199407161639.MAA11224@pipe1.pipeline.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 16 Jul 94 09:39:46 PDT

Raw message

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 94 09:39:46 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Card Playing Protocol

Responding to msg by kentborg@world.std.com (Kent Borg) on Sat,
16 Jul  4:8  AM

>Grrr.  I *hate* reality.

A good beginning to changing it.

>Comments?  (You too Tim.)

I like your original notion of card-playing as a way to build a
taste for crypto by non-cryptoids (like me).

It parallels political and economic chance and the use of
crypto to hide info from foes and competitors.

Putting crypto into public play like this will help teach
protection from economic security mongers and toadies.

Your idea shows that c'punks chefs continue to cook tastier
fare than the alt. and talk. fora elsewhere.

It feeds my interest in c'punks: the peripheral discussions,
sometimes crypto-related,  enhance the main dish.

Thread