1994-07-26 - Re: crime and snitches

Header Data

From: pjm@gasco.com (Patrick J. May)
To: Berzerk <berzerk@xmission.xmission.com>
Message Hash: 782c07547258651dad9ff882443d509902e02990611d60d7b09f90d4a98719d7
Message ID: <m0qRNGX-0004nuC@roslyn.gasco.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9407211908.A6907-0100000@xmission>
UTC Datetime: 1994-07-26 02:42:12 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 25 Jul 94 19:42:12 PDT

Raw message

From: pjm@gasco.com (Patrick J. May)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 94 19:42:12 PDT
To: Berzerk <berzerk@xmission.xmission.com>
Subject: Re: crime and snitches

Berzerk writes:
 > On Thu, 21 Jul 1994, Robert Hettinga wrote:
 > > I would like to propose, probably not the first time on this list, an
 > > acceptable, time-honored method of determining the contents of a secure
 > > conversation.  Snitches.
 > ABSOLUTELY!  The fact is if you can't get someone to snitch, IT IS NOT A
 > CRIME(moraly)!  I dare anyone to come up with a counterexample.
 >
 > Berzerk.

     I've heard of incidents where a group of people dressed in white
sheets hung other people with dark skin.  Not one of those
white-sheeted people snitched, in many cases.

     If you were limiting your assertion to crime over the net, I
suggest that the long, interesting history of confidence men is a
refutation.  Done correctly, in many cases the victim doesn't even
know he has been conned.

Regards,

Patrick May

                              "A contract programmer is always intense."
pjm@gasco.com

Thread