1994-07-19 - Re: Come On

Header Data

From: Ben.Goren@asu.edu
To: “Connie Sadler (415)725-7703” <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 78a7711c341d1acd52fd1e547141a28b4884492c3ddd693bb2091fbf76af9b69
Message ID: <aa51c9140402101e3873@[129.219.97.131]>
Raw Date: Tue, 19 Jul 94 11:31:00 PDT

Raw message

From: Ben.Goren@asu.edu
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 94 11:31:00 PDT
To: "Connie Sadler (415)725-7703" <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Come On

At 5:15 PM 7/19/94, Connie Sadler (415)725-7703 wrote:
>On Tue, 19 Jul 1994 jdblair@nextsrv.cas.muohio.EDU wrote:
>[. . .] I find lines like the above [about the women in "True Lies] very
>offensive/non-professional. I won't let it stop me from continuing on, but
>what's the point? I really don't get it.

Neither do I.

Connie's right, guys. How can saying that you like women whose best skills
are oral sex and who are so klutzy that they kill people accidently do
anything to promote civil rights through cryptography? At the least, please
be a little more clear with your sarcasm; otherwise, you're just
re-inforcing the "harmless guy-stuff" that leads directly to rape and
wife-battering.

Drunk driving used to be given a wink and a nod, and now drunk drivers rate
somewhere near lawyers. Let's do the same for women, and promote
cryptography at the same time by getting back on topic.

>CS -

b&

--
Ben.Goren@asu.edu, Arizona State University School of Music
 net.proselytizing (write for info): Protect your privacy; oppose Clipper.

Thread