1994-07-22 - Re: Gore’s new and improved key escrow proposal

Header Data

From: thad@pdi.com (Thaddeus Beier)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a6b565c8974c922f7299c08bfa1c4f03da21462cfb5aeeae777d7cf6ab24833c
Message ID: <9407220725.AA05372@fulcrum.pdi.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 22 Jul 94 00:28:31 PDT

Raw message

From: thad@pdi.com (Thaddeus Beier)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 94 00:28:31 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Gore's new and improved key escrow proposal

To: cypherpunks@toad.com
>> Is it just me, or has the administration just delivered the knock-out puch?
>>
>> It seems that by abandoning the Clipper proposal for a software based
>> system they managed to convince key industry groups (and soon the public?)
>> to end their opposition to the fascist key escrow proposal. Cypherpunks, we
>> are in deep trouble.

I feel the same way.  I posted an article from the Mercury News to here about
three weeks ago, reporting on a conference between the White House and
several private cryptography companies, where they were trying to work
out some kind of private sector EES.  So, this has been in the works for
some time.  I can dig up the article for anybody that would like to see it.

I'd buy stock in TIS, if it were a public company, I'd guess that they will
have the inside track on this.

thad
Thad Beier  Pacific Data Images  408)745-6755  thad@pdi.com

Thread