1994-07-20 - Re: Anti-Clipper Article in “THe Computer Applications Journal”

Header Data

From: NetSurfer <jdwilson@gold.chem.hawaii.edu>
To: smb@research.att.com
Message Hash: a999e90efb61a1ae7f7ba51c20c3aecc366f599bddd159558478e9e0aae81ede
Message ID: <Pine.3.07.9407200621.J11857-b100000@gold.chem.hawaii.edu>
Reply To: <9407191123.AA05778@gold.chem.hawaii.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-07-20 23:21:03 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 20 Jul 94 16:21:03 PDT

Raw message

From: NetSurfer <jdwilson@gold.chem.hawaii.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 94 16:21:03 PDT
To: smb@research.att.com
Subject: Re: Anti-Clipper Article in "THe Computer Applications Journal"

On Tue, 19 Jul 1994 smb@research.att.com wrote:

> Might I suggest that this is not the right newsgroup for anti-Clipper
> articles?  I've never seen *any* Cypherpunk defend it; what's the
> point?  Preaching to the choir?  Repeat doses of brainwashing?

Actually I sent it because I thought the members of this list might be
interested in seeing how they are "presented" in a mainstream tech journal.
Also I was curious to see if members agreed with the statement of the one
member basically speaking for the list, as well as the total lack of reference
to PGP in the article.  Was I off base in my thoughts about the potential
interest in this article?  If so, apologies.

-NetSurfer

#include standard.disclaimer

==  =    = |James D. Wilson        |V.PGP 2.4:   512/E12FCD 1994/03/17 >
 "  "    " |P. O. Box 15432        |     finger for full PGP key        >
\"  "/  \" |Serendipitous Solutions|    Also NetSurfer@sersol.com      >

Thread