1994-07-17 - Re: Hashed hash (and Kent’s games)

Header Data

From: Berzerk <berzerk@xmission.xmission.com>
To: Ben.Goren@asu.edu
Message Hash: c55303df6826048086380b2133091fdfc3a205a5bf969f503b38664b9ce5b0d4
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9407171757.A29855-0100000@xmission>
Reply To: <aa4f36980002101ef083@[129.219.97.131]>
UTC Datetime: 1994-07-17 23:21:31 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 17 Jul 94 16:21:31 PDT

Raw message

From: Berzerk <berzerk@xmission.xmission.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 94 16:21:31 PDT
To: Ben.Goren@asu.edu
Subject: Re: Hashed hash (and Kent's games)

On Sun, 17 Jul 1994 Ben.Goren@asu.edu wrote:
> think, the desire to beat up on careless users. Berzerk suggests a 0.1 S/N
> ratio (and in an earlier note a couple useable algorithms for the multiple
> encryption process); that would not be practical for any decent sized
> database, and I might have 100K or so people to deal with. But I almost

It depends on the size of the noise.  If the noise could be a simple
4-6char number(compressed name, with pointer to trash adresses or real
mismatched ones), giving a 16 char hash and the rest of the information was
much larger, say 100chars, a signal to noise of 1 would only be a 15% ish
increse in size, and this improves if you have more data.

Berzerk.

Thread