1994-07-01 - Devil’s advocate

Header Data

From: Anonymous User <nobody@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c9ae73ec37e033dc6b9c35727e57ac6ddc27d3618d9dd331a0d2246608285ef8
Message ID: <199407010042.RAA19250@soda.berkeley.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 30 Jun 94 17:42:37 PDT

Raw message

From: Anonymous User <nobody@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 94 17:42:37 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Devil's advocate

I am being a sort of devil's advocate here.  Please leave the flame
throwers at home.

I see an argument of "what do you need to protect so badly that Clipper
cannot work?  Are you doing something ILLEGAL?  Clipper works, and only
trusted law enforcement personell can use the keys, therefore there is
no risk here.".

It is hard to explain to some liberal friends of mine that
"trusted law enforcement personell" could mean judges, policeman, friends
of policeman, etc.

Just blathering on, but I have not seen any real counters to this.

PS:  Is there something out there that can do a sort of Kerboros with
PGP?  Basically the two hosts would use IDEA and RSA for communicating
with each other, and normal TCP/IP for communicating with hosts
without this program.

------------
To respond to the sender of this message, send mail to
remailer@soda.berkeley.edu, starting your message with
the following 8 lines:
::
Response-Key: ideaclipper

====Encrypted-Sender-Begin====
MI@```%AS^P;+]AB?X9TW6\8WR:2P&2%`$A:^X<=%NK,O<WT)5.AU1X(X-.IM
MXGP85,'U521D,MAL[8V$8.!?+;DI[1U<C\)3G54T(4'GQ=P$1&YL9%C=]'[,
#>D^@
====Encrypted-Sender-End====

Thread