1994-07-19 - Re: Anti-Clipper Article in “THe Computer Applications Journal”

Header Data

From: smb@research.att.com
To: NetSurfer <jdwilson@gold.chem.hawaii.edu>
Message Hash: cb3dfbd5f7def9d0d60c9c5b3710a25d0cf0fbec26d67545bbeb83a07132b77b
Message ID: <9407191113.AA09296@toad.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 19 Jul 94 04:13:34 PDT

Raw message

From: smb@research.att.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 94 04:13:34 PDT
To: NetSurfer <jdwilson@gold.chem.hawaii.edu>
Subject: Re: Anti-Clipper Article in "THe Computer Applications Journal"

Might I suggest that this is not the right newsgroup for anti-Clipper
articles?  I've never seen *any* Cypherpunk defend it; what's the
point?  Preaching to the choir?  Repeat doses of brainwashing?

Citations are fine; they show what the outside world thinks.  Technical
aspects are fine; there's a lot to be learned about Skipjack and key
escrow.  But there's little point -- on this list -- to hearing yet
again that Clipper is bad (unless, of course, someone starts defending
it here).

		--Steve Bellovin

Thread