1994-07-30 - Re: No SKE in Daytona and other goodies (fwd)

Header Data

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
To: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Message Hash: e08b500c8248951a1c3fb1ef069f4262dd9ee87d50a6120dcde262af775fe957
Message ID: <199407301527.IAA13305@netcom13.netcom.com>
Reply To: <199407291301.AA08440@poboy.b17c.ingr.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-07-30 15:27:27 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 30 Jul 94 08:27:27 PDT

Raw message

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 94 08:27:27 PDT
To: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Subject: Re: No SKE in Daytona and other goodies (fwd)

The correct and sensible thing for Microsoft to do is to put
hooks in their OS whereby a convenient interface can be provided
to any encryption system.

They may well do this, and (truthfully) tell the US they are
providing infrastructure for key escrow and (truthfully) tell
cypherpunks they are providing infrastructure for crypto anarchy.
and (truthfully) tell shareholders that they are preparing
their operating system for a world of world wide networks.

This would be the archetypical Bill Gates maneuver.

So before screaming at them, let us see what they are doing.
We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we              James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.                jamesd@netcom.com

Thread