1994-07-29 - NYET – Non-Yids Extinguish Traitors

Header Data

From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e23343a207dda61b26176a87a4eae4e96d29abdba1ac0690a49aad9c7eed56df
Message ID: <199407291754.KAA05958@netcom9.netcom.com>
Reply To: <9407291409.AA24554@pelican.ma.utexas.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-07-29 17:54:40 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 29 Jul 94 10:54:40 PDT

Raw message

From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 94 10:54:40 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: NYET -- Non-Yids Extinguish Traitors

> Copyright 1305, El-Tim Shabbaz Al-May.

> NYET-- Non-Yids Extinguish Traitors.
>
> Before I start, it may be informative to consider that I consider myself to
> be a hard-line member of the Islamic Students movement, and a hard-
> line advocate of electronic privacy.

We Islamic Fundamentalists are very worried about the exposure of
Allah's children to the den of vipers that Infidels call "the Net."
("The Pit" is a much better name, in more ways than one.)

NYET proposes to create two sorts of accounts on the net: Believers and
Infidels.

Believers would be denied access to all but the blessed groups
(currently, only alt.fan.salman.rushdie.kill.kill.kill). Infidels
would be denied access to all groups.

> The legal framework that I see important in aiding such a system is as
> follows:
>
> 1)  Declare to hold harmless those BBS operators for charges of Contributing
> to the Delinquacy of Allah's Children that verify the age of account
> holders, and maintain a NYET system of access for Believers...

> 2)  Make it illegal to misrepresent age and name data to a BBS.  Require
> BBS operators to maintain a record of age and name of Believers.

> 3)  Declare aiding in tampering with NYET system to be "Contributing to a
> Crime Against God."

> I believe that such a system would protect the full free expression
> currently enjoyed by the Pit, ensuring that blashemers are detected
> and punished, that illegal publications are halted, that children are
> not exposed to evil ideas, and the Pit is cleansed of Non-Believers.

God is Great!

Allah's Humble Sword of Vengeance,

--El-Tim Shabbaz Al-May