1994-07-07 - (fwd) Re: BSD random() - any good (source included)?

Header Data

From: Jim choate <ravage@bga.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f5a364b413659aef515c12cf0c8a7e31ca185d946b87b23ef07c87c57d54b790
Message ID: <199407072020.PAA29383@ivy.bga.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Jul 94 13:20:51 PDT

Raw message

From: Jim choate <ravage@bga.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 94 13:20:51 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: (fwd) Re: BSD random() - any good (source included)?

Newsgroups: sci.math,sci.stat.math
From: deleyd@netcom.com
Subject: Re: BSD random() - any good (source included)?
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 06:12:45 GMT

I did a research paper on Computer Generated Random Number Sequences in
1991.  Included are the results of testing numerous popular generators.
The code used for testing the generators is also available if one
is so inclined to do some testing of a particular generator.  (The only
thing is a thorough test to determine the limits of the generator can
take many hours of CPU time).

Perhaps later this week I'll post the paper and see what the response
is.  I'm always a bit apprehensive to post.  Never sure what the
response will be.  Maybe someone will think it's interesting.

David Deley
deleyd@netcom.com

Thread