1994-07-21 - *comeon

Header Data

From: “Gary Jeffers” <CCGARY@MIZZOU1.missouri.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f699202ea4ee1bd1581eb0c75965cda6d83292cfe27628ffe3610e8537da08c4
Message ID: <9407210126.AA07820@toad.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 20 Jul 94 18:26:11 PDT

Raw message

From: "Gary Jeffers" <CCGARY@MIZZOU1.missouri.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 94 18:26:11 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: *comeon

   Connie Sadler is quite displeased at what Berzerk finds delightful.
I would not call this list a boys' club but the vast majority is male.
People talk to please themselves. This list is statistically unusual.
We have lots of guys, minarchists, anarchists, eccentrics, & tech-
heads. We kinds of people are amused at what berzerk finds amusing. I
doubt that Sadler's principles are offended, but rather her interests.
If fun had been poked at guys then she would have been amused. In the
US women are accorded special rights at being a "victimized group".
There are many places that your interests will be specially catered to.
The Cypherpunks' list is just about as "politically incorrect" as you
can get & we like it this way.
   We are sick of being censored & vilified by society at large. We
also do not like our rights of freedom of association being trampled.
Your demands that your sensibilities be respected is a demand that our
speech be censored.
   We would be quite pleased by any contributions to the Cypherpunks'
cause that you have to offer. But you will not get a good reception
here by demanding rights that you believe are awarded to state
certified "victims" groups.
  Of course, I'm not really familiar with you. Possibly you think of
yourself more as an individual than as a member of a particular group &
possibly you will be an asset to Cypherpunks & your first post was
not representative of yourself. In that case, we would be pleased to
have your company.
                                            Wishing for the best,
                                            Gary Jeffers

Thread