1994-07-09 - Re: (fwd) Re: BSD random() - any good (source included)

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@imsi.com>
To: Jim choate <ravage@bga.com>
Message Hash: f9dd863a1df7563adc695e167f40205a544616f505449d5bc74ebfcf15c90d5f
Message ID: <9407091416.AA07034@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <199407082136.QAA09350@zoom.bga.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-07-09 14:17:59 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 9 Jul 94 07:17:59 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 94 07:17:59 PDT
To: Jim choate <ravage@bga.com>
Subject: Re: (fwd) Re: BSD random() - any good (source included)

Jim choate says:
> Why should a couple of dozen people who scream because they don't get
> exactly what they want dictate to a list that is 700 long?

Maybe its the lack of people begging you to repost dozens of articles
on a list with several hundred members that should send you a signal.

Personally, I find the reposts irritating but not devistating.
However, I suspect that when you repost things, you are doing so with
the hope that it will be of use to people. If no one finds it of use,
you should consider whether or not you are actually doing anyone a
service.

Perry

Thread