1994-08-08 - Re: Looking for info on PGP enabling mail apps. . . .

Header Data

From: Brian Lane <blane@squeaky.free.org>
To: Garth Brown <v-garthb@microsoft.com>
Message Hash: 08894e669a6db71559068d6c4d15b27c5031cfeafa796f6649246a76993d0025
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9408080955.A13584-0100000@squeaky.free.org>
Reply To: <9408080646.AA29668@netmail2.microsoft.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-08 14:39:46 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 8 Aug 94 07:39:46 PDT

Raw message

From: Brian Lane <blane@squeaky.free.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 94 07:39:46 PDT
To: Garth Brown <v-garthb@microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for info on PGP enabling mail apps. . . .

On Sun, 7 Aug 1994, Garth Brown wrote:

> i'm looking for info on enabling automatic PGP signing
> of mail messages from PINE and ELM.
>
> Perhaps i'm babbling about something in a FAQ i missed,
> in which case i'll filter flames to /dev/null. =)
>
> thanks

  This depends on your setup. I am running PGPsendmail on my Linux box.
This is a wrapper for sendmail/smail that allows automatic encryption to
specified recepients, adn per mail encryption and signing through the use
of a X-Secure: command line.

  If you are reading your mail on a remote machine you might be able to
talk the sysadmin into installing this program, or you might try one of
the scripts out there(look at soda.berkeley.edu in
/pub/cypherpunks/utilities I think?)

   Brian

    Linux :  The choice of a GNU generation    |  finger blane@free.org
    witty comments pending                     |  for PGP key and subLit