1994-08-23 - Re: Nuclear Weapons Material

Header Data

From: joshua geller <joshua@cae.retix.com>
To: werewolf@io.org
Message Hash: 0aceba11cbe58997c81f55ca1037bc0566a5eec35a207662c1a480a76246b710
Message ID: <199408231311.GAA04870@sleepy.retix.com>
Reply To: <paBMkOwscIgG070yn@io.org>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-23 13:11:22 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 23 Aug 94 06:11:22 PDT

Raw message

From: joshua geller <joshua@cae.retix.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 94 06:11:22 PDT
To: werewolf@io.org
Subject: Re: Nuclear Weapons Material

   werewolf@io.org (Mark Terka) writes:
>   In article <9408221335.AA00765@snark.imsi.com>,
>   "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com> wrote:

>   > iqg1550 says:
>   > > Let's all rejoice at the birth of the latest member of The Horsemen of
>   > > The Criminal Apocalypse -- The Nuclear Weapons Material Smuggler.
>   > > I'm sure his four siblings will make plenty of room for their baby
>   > > brother.

>   > I will point out, of course, that anyone who can afford the tens of
>   > millions to hundreds of millions the smugglers are reportedly charging
>   > for critical masses worth of Plutonium and Uranium, odds are that they
>   > can afford to buy un-escrowed secure communications equipment...

>   Not to mention the fact that without tritium, the "trigger" for nuclear
>   weapons (and extremely expensive and rare at $ 100m a gram) all you have
>   is a radioactive paperweight.

excuse me? a perfectly serviceable nuclear weapon can be made from
plutonium or sufficiently enriched uranium.

josh

Thread