1994-08-25 - U & Pu “poisoning of the environment”

Header Data

From: pstemari@bismark.cbis.com (Paul J. Ste. Marie)
To: jdd@aiki.demon.co.uk
Message Hash: 0b0bd2814bd11355e338b030ea4867def8d8c15024dc93d5ab3fe56c0dd0847a
Message ID: <9408251911.AA13480@focis.sda.cbis.COM>
Reply To: <7841@aiki.demon.co.uk>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-25 19:12:30 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 25 Aug 94 12:12:30 PDT

Raw message

From: pstemari@bismark.cbis.com (Paul J. Ste. Marie)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 94 12:12:30 PDT
To: jdd@aiki.demon.co.uk
Subject: U & Pu "poisoning of the environment"

> In all of these cases there is a serious attempt to make sure that the
> workers are not harmed by the dangerous substances involved.  I must
> say that the phrase "impressive body burdens" is fairly incomprehensible.

"Body burden" refers to the amount of Pu that has been ingested and
remains in the body.  The entire point of safeguards is to minimize
body burden and exposure.  If someone has a "impressive body burden",
it means the safeguards didn't work.

Thread