1994-08-25 - Re: Using PGP on Insecure Machines

Header Data

From: khijol!erc@apple.com (Ed Carp [Sysadmin])
To: perobich@ingr.com
Message Hash: 131dcf4aed3ddd5741c495c78de9f78ceeba9a8fef4ac2b9128b7001ed63ceb8
Message ID: <m0qdVGD-0004EcC@khijol.uucp>
Reply To: <199408241837.AA14936@poboy.b17c.ingr.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-25 03:38:02 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Aug 94 20:38:02 PDT

Raw message

From: khijol!erc@apple.com (Ed Carp [Sysadmin])
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 94 20:38:02 PDT
To: perobich@ingr.com
Subject: Re: Using PGP on Insecure Machines

> At the risk of repeating what Tim's said in the past, shellscript
> wrappers are useless to people who use Macs, Windows/WinNT, and so on.
>
> At the risk of repeating what Tim, Perry, and several others have
> said, using PGP- with or without shell scripts- on a machine which you
> do not physically control is also risky.

I understand the first objection.  The second is moot if you're running
something other than a dumb tube at home.

I run Linux on a 486/25 at home, DOS/Windows on a 386SuX laptop on the
road.  Works for me.
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG    			Ed.Carp@linux.org, ecarp@netcom.com
Finger ecarp@netcom.com for PGP 2.5 public key		an88744@anon.penet.fi