1994-08-29 - In Search of Genuine DigiCash

Header Data

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1453e309532cb4ee1af095950d927d3b2a20c870325f4a0314f283afef50db19
Message ID: <9408290336.AA28180@ah.com>
Reply To: <199408220047.UAA24562@zork.tiac.net>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-29 06:34:12 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 28 Aug 94 23:34:12 PDT

Raw message

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 94 23:34:12 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: In Search of Genuine DigiCash

   By the way, "calling the bond" is actually exercising an option, and yes,
   the finance guys will tell you that there is no difference.

I acknowledge that they're financially the same, which means that when
the transaction completes as normal, the financial effects are the
same.  When the transaction is contested, however, the two are not
identical; that's a legal difference.

More on this later; I wanted to point out an example early

Eric

Thread