1994-08-15 - Re: e$

Header Data

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
To: jdd@aiki.demon.co.uk
Message Hash: 235a480cf988b1c847fde94da2d6379fbe97543e3c101d6e50b3b7ff29478014
Message ID: <199408151820.LAA13536@netcom8.netcom.com>
Reply To: <5975@aiki.demon.co.uk>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-15 18:20:20 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Aug 94 11:20:20 PDT

Raw message

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 94 11:20:20 PDT
To: jdd@aiki.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: e$

"James A. Donald" writes:
> > You made a claim concerning our judicial and legal system,
> > a claim so far out of contact with reality that nobody can be bothered
> > to refute you.
>
> I made no claim.  I asked a question.  I quote the exchange in its
> entirety:
>
> > Jim Dixon says:
> > >
> > > On what experience or observation do you base these rather extreme
> > > remarks?
> >
> > Plonk.
>
> This is fundamentalist ranting, followed by a reasonable question,
> followed by <infidel! he dares to question the holy word!>, followed
> by ritual denunciations from bystanders.

sigh.

Perry was expressing, in his usual intemperate fashion, the
legal philosophy known as "legal realism".  Despite the name
legal realism is quite different from the philosophies of
moderate realism or extreme realism.  It is in fact a form
of nominalism.

Today, any judge who is not a legal realist can look forward
to a career of dealing with drunks in the night court at
topeka.

Happy now?

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we              James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.                jamesd@netcom.com

Thread