1994-08-27 - This month’s High Times

Header Data

From: “L. Todd Masco” <cactus@bb.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2586b2d78012ef1fb02153fb20c40285a0d813cf890e40c185ea1fa33e8c6dd8
Message ID: <199408271812.OAA06828@bb.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 27 Aug 94 11:06:45 PDT

Raw message

From: "L. Todd Masco" <cactus@bb.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 94 11:06:45 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: This month's High Times

This month's High Times includes a bunch o' articles on the Internet,
 mailing lists, alt.drugs, John Perry Barlow, etc.

There's an article that's pretty reasonable called "Cyber-Hydroponics"
 [by "Bucky Dave and Garbled Uplink"], discussing anonymous
 remailers (PGP is discussed in another article) and schemes that
 remind me of the "Little Brother Inside" idea.  Included in the
 article is a list of anonymous remailers: it's very interesting
 to note that the list includes the cypherpunks remailers but *not*
 the penet.fi one.  Somebody has a clue.

The article is primarily about controlling systems through anonymous
 remailers: setting up a space to grow pot in and controlling and
 monitoring it remotely entirely untracably through remailers.  A very
 interesting application.

If there's sufficient interest, the article could be send to
 cypherpunks.  I'd recommend picking up the issue, even if you have
 no interest in psychoactives.  It's also got an article on erosion
 of constitutional rights, something that the readership of High
 Times is in a particularly good position to appreciate.

This should be interesting: this is reaching a wide audience of folks
 who have a very real need for secure communications, who have good
 reason to be paranoid.  I can easily envision a mailing list based
 upon the PGP-majordomo mechanisms discussed earlier dedicated to
 growing pot (Did anybody do any coding on that?), the subscribers
 being totally anonymous.

Open the floodgates wide...
--
L. Todd Masco  | "Large prime numbers imply arrest."  - Previously meaningless
cactus@bb.com  |   grammatically correct sentence.  Now...

Thread