1994-08-03 - Re: clarification please

Header Data

From: jamiel@sybase.com (Jamie Lawrence)
To: “L. Todd Masco” <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 269c6c4eb3e64d8d7c573d995db6f96dd802fb5d558f3b34a2f61dba9af8f14c
Message ID: <9408032116.AA19332@ralph.sybgate.sybase.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 3 Aug 94 14:18:20 PDT

Raw message

From: jamiel@sybase.com (Jamie Lawrence)
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 94 14:18:20 PDT
To: "L. Todd Masco" <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: clarification please

At  4:35 PM 08/03/94 -0400, L. Todd Masco wrote:

>It's really not so different than the War On Some Drugs or half a dozen
> other power-plays... and this is the propaganda machine that we will have
> to face if we're unlucky enough that Clinton/Gore actual get their act
> together enough and get the rest of the government behind them to make a
> real PR effort (as opposed to the clumsy scare tactics we've soon so far).

I understand what you are saying, but it is fascinating
that Clinton gets (by inplication) blamed for Iraq and
the war on drugs, when those are both Republican creations.
Granted, Clinton is carrying through on the WOD, but he kind
of has to, considering 'nessessary political games, washinton
style.' Not that I am a clinton fan, I merely like giving
credit where credit is due, and much of this (including, as has
been oft stated here, the beginnings of clipper) belongs to those
12 years of republican mess making that got Clinton in office in
the first place.

-j
--
"Blah Blah Blah"