1994-08-01 - Re: Labeling Usenet articles.

Header Data

From: Berzerk <berzerk@xmission.xmission.com>
To: Jonathan Rochkind <jrochkin@cs.oberlin.edu>
Message Hash: 52f4a7e1c81cce3b8d56190104c550c5f6446b6684b303e9393313fa68c364df
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9408011141.A11639-0100000@xmission>
Reply To: <199408011647.MAA07134@cs.oberlin.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-01 17:53:42 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 1 Aug 94 10:53:42 PDT

Raw message

From: Berzerk <berzerk@xmission.xmission.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 94 10:53:42 PDT
To: Jonathan Rochkind <jrochkin@cs.oberlin.edu>
Subject: Re: Labeling Usenet articles.

On Mon, 1 Aug 1994, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:
> > OK, so I want to enable the recieving of articles in conjunction with a
> > censorship service.  I guess the way to do this is a sig. of the article
> > Lets get the tools of crypto out there in advance.
> How is crypto involved? You want to have everything arrive at your site
> encrypted, and only be able to decrypt the stuff that you are permitted
Strawman.  I am talking about OTHER information PROVIDED by CENSORS.
There is nothing mandatory here, I am talking about geting a service out
there so that they can buy it.

> by the censor to read? Why bother, why not just only send stuff to your site
> that the censor permits you to read? If you don't want your entire site censored, but just want particular readers at your site to be censored, then the
> sysadmin should just set something up so users are only allowed to read
> what the censor has allowed that user to read. I dont' see how crypto
> comes into it at all.
Secure exchange of information.

I Was thinking about something like this.

<article number>{sig of article number with key}

A whole list that could be mailed to fundies, muslums, or kinky people
saying "this is good/evil information"(for them) fufilling there need for
self-censorship, and at the same time making money, as you only give out
monthly keys.:-)

Berzerk.

Thread