1994-08-01 - Re: Children and the Net

Header Data

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
To: mpd@netcom.com (Mike Duvos)
Message Hash: 5f85edca01f628247cf89417c14435cda6e4cb556f4ac42519fcb4c7c6d75759
Message ID: <199408010224.TAA23446@netcom4.netcom.com>
Reply To: <199407312151.OAA26107@netcom14.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-01 02:27:37 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 31 Jul 94 19:27:37 PDT

Raw message

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 94 19:27:37 PDT
To: mpd@netcom.com (Mike Duvos)
Subject: Re: Children and the Net

James A. Donald writes:
> > I took Jim to see his little brother being born, and I
> > took them both to see "Total Recall"

Mike Duvos writes
> Did he enjoy the part where Arnold shoved the metal rod up the
> guy's nostril and out the top of his head?

Yep.  They thought that was really great.

> Will you be upset
> if they try this at home?

At the age of three Jim figured out that death was permanent and
extremely serious.

> Why am I getting the feeling that there are no limits at all here?

Because we do not like having someone elses limits imposed on us
at gunpoint.

Lets make a deal.  I will let you deprive your kids of information
concerning sex, death, reproduction, and violent injury etc, provided
you let fundamentalists deprive their kids of information concerning
your religious views.

Fair deal?

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we              James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.                jamesd@netcom.com

Thread