1994-08-09 - Re: e$

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@imsi.com>
To: jdd@aiki.demon.co.uk
Message Hash: 63e713a512ca5c7e4cb286d0c804b0a4c53dea431f2b22837507ad66d2f07db6
Message ID: <9408091402.AA23089@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <4591@aiki.demon.co.uk>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-09 14:02:53 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 9 Aug 94 07:02:53 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 94 07:02:53 PDT
To: jdd@aiki.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: e$

Jim Dixon says:
> There is a small point to be made here which I think is really a big
> point.	The US government does not object to the use of financial
> instruments so long as they are backed by the US $ (or another
> accepted currency).

Yes it does. Bearer bonds are illegal in the US.

> Most of us use such financial instruments daily
> -- checks and credit cards, for examples.  Most financial transactions
> involve no cash at all.

The point is that anonymous transactions are coming under increasing
regulation. Commercial paper and the like is not a problem.

Perry

Thread