1994-08-26 - Re: Program to circumvent the Sep 1 Legal Kludge part 1/5

Header Data

From: Hal <hfinney@shell.portal.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7a0dfbfd91f28bc270fcb90b3416b500933e29a5494038d1e468cf63592bcd91
Message ID: <199408261455.HAA24433@jobe.shell.portal.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9408252349.F9501-0100000@fido.wps.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-26 14:55:48 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 26 Aug 94 07:55:48 PDT

Raw message

From: Hal <hfinney@shell.portal.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 94 07:55:48 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Program to circumvent the Sep 1 Legal Kludge part 1/5

Tom Jennings <tomj@wps.com> writes:

>On Tue, 23 Aug 1994 0x7CF5048D@nowhere wrote:

>> This is a 5 part binary=noklg.zip
>> Please make publicly available. put on BBS's, public ftp sites.
>> part 1/5.

>Can you please stop mailing me these unidentifyable, undecodable
>files from a person I cannot identify, nor detect the reason for
>the anonymity?

I've been receiving these, too.  It seems to be a program which has the
same effect as a one-line shell script to add the "+legal_kludge" option
to the command line for PGP2.6, so that it generates backwards-compatible
messages without violating anyone's license agreements.  It's easy to
do such a shell script in Unix.  Is there a good way in DOS to add a few
command-line arguments in front of the ones the user has supplied?  If
so that would seem easier (and smaller) to distribute.

Hal

Thread