1994-08-10 - Re: e$

Header Data

From: jdd@aiki.demon.co.uk (Jim Dixon)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 952af9997ce4a11556dd116e07074cfc1a68f4422e0d4b0afbbb067d4e03c8d1
Message ID: <4932@aiki.demon.co.uk>
Raw Date: Wed, 10 Aug 94 11:16:55 PDT

Raw message

From: jdd@aiki.demon.co.uk (Jim Dixon)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 94 11:16:55 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: e$

In message <9408101407.AA24943@ah.com> Eric Hughes writes:
>    When you fly into the US, you must fill out a customs declaration.
>    You are required to declare money in various forms (cash, checks,
>    etc)
>
> What they ask for and what is required by law are two different
> things.  It's not generally illegal to allow people to volunteer
> information that increases the power of the state.

As I recall, you are not asked to volunteer information, you are
required to provide it, and the form specifies penalties if you do
not.  But I will have someone who is going to the States in the
next week or two get me a copy of the form.

--
Jim Dixon

Thread