1994-08-28 - someHost@nsa.gov

Header Data

From: “Pat Farrell” <pfarrell@netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9f3728cc853cd39fbe080d4a70663ad09a8b9c2751ee410ff889279a710cc275
Message ID: <38251.pfarrell@netcom.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 28 Aug 94 07:41:04 PDT

Raw message

From: "Pat Farrell" <pfarrell@netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 94 07:41:04 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: someHost@nsa.gov

In message Sun, 28 Aug 94 03:11:00 EDT, Carl Ellison <cme@tis.com>  writes:
> I ran into an NSA policy office person at CRYPTO'94 and suggested to him
> that the NSA should set up a WWW page from the crypto museum -- and also
> post occasionally to sci.crypt from some nsa.gov host.  He was very open
> to the first idea but not to the second.  (problem apparently with the
> standard disclaimer not being good enough for them. :-)

This is strange. I see no difference between somehost.nsa.gov
and docmaster.ncsc.mil
ncsc is nothing but a public front for NSA. It is located at Ft Meade, etc.
This is not news.

Why wouldn't they be willing to post from dockmaster?

Pat

Pat Farrell      Grad Student                 pfarrell@cs.gmu.edu
Department of Computer Science    George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Public key availble via finger          #include <standard.disclaimer>

Thread