1994-08-08 - Re: TOMMY THE TOURIST IS COMPROMISED DON’T USE IT

Header Data

From: Jim Gillogly <jim@acm.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a5c89bfd40670f9c945b3249c135da44fcab8b7890891ca2444dfd32627d8a55
Message ID: <9408081658.AA03471@mycroft.rand.org>
Reply To: <940808112403B8Bjgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-08 17:57:55 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 8 Aug 94 10:57:55 PDT

Raw message

From: Jim Gillogly <jim@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 94 10:57:55 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: TOMMY THE TOURIST IS COMPROMISED DON'T USE IT

> Jeff Gostin <jgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us> writes:
> I'll believe you when you post this signed with TtT's PGP key? Is
> there a 'punk that can verify this, or is just an assanine game played by
> adolesents?

I think I can shed light on the report: a guy posted a message through
the remailer addressed to BlackNet, and encrypted the message with PGP so
it could be read either by himself or by L. Detweiler's BlackNet key.  I
posted a response that mentioned the user ID associated with his key.  He
assumed I had penetrated the remailer, not realizing he had exposed his
key ID nor that his key was on a server.

	Jim Gillogly
	Hevensday, 16 Wedmath S.R. 1994, 16:54

Thread