1994-08-02 - Re: Anonymous code name allocated. // penet hack

Header Data

From: Rolf Michelsen <Rolf.Michelsen@delab.sintef.no>
Message Hash: b08c319babd3117ce083c40c2f6d6faaff08bc287391b98fb8a31414ea84e061
Message ID: <Pine.3.88.9408021415.F15178-0100000@svme.er.sintef.no>
Reply To: <9408021227.AA09891@snark.imsi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-02 12:50:40 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 2 Aug 94 05:50:40 PDT

Raw message

From: Rolf Michelsen <Rolf.Michelsen@delab.sintef.no>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 94 05:50:40 PDT
Subject: Re: Anonymous code name allocated. // penet hack

Perry E. Metzger says:
> Arsen Ray Arachelian says:
> > I didn't get any notices of being subscribed to penet.fi, so I guess not
> > everyone on the cpunx list was hit.  Either that or the mail daemon here
> > found too much email in my mailbox and decided to digest the tuna or
> > whatever the fuck message.
>
> Much more likely that you already had a penet address and it was
> compromised.

Well, I have never been assigned a penet id -- not now and not earlier.
(I've only been on this account for almost a year, and my memory isn't
*that* bad.)  This probably rules out the "who cypherpunks" attack.  But
then I haven't posted much to this group -- perhaps, whoever he/she is,
is more interested in frequent/recent posters?

-- Rolf  (who is wondering if this post will result in a penet id...)

Rolf Michelsen                           "Nostalgia isn't what it
Email: rolf.michelsen@delab.sintef.no     used to be..."
Phone: +47 73 59 87 33