1994-08-31 - Governments and repression

Header Data

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b320f610c82f96dbd1d880da68e1c3b6a0eecba932613b1ff6c310c06d256d06
Message ID: <gate.L9swRc1w165w@dxm.ernet.in>
Raw Date: Wed, 31 Aug 94 01:29:06 PDT

Raw message

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 94 01:29:06 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Governments and repression

jamesd@netcom.com:
> Obviously most people do not call MIT a government.
>
> And if MIT built some prison cells under the Admin building and started
> locking people up in the dungeons for long periods, then people would
> call MIT a government.

Hezbollah, Hamas, the IRA, the Khmers Rouges lock people up. You may not
believe it but there are those who accept their 'rules' under the threat of
violence. I suppose 'most people' call _them_ governments?

I'm amazed at the way some of you keep screaming about the violence of
governments. Maybe you need to experience some _real_ repression.

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh             "Clean the air! clean the sky! wash the wind!
rishab@dxm.ernet.in                   take stone from stone and wash them..."
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA

Thread