1994-08-31 - Re: Bad govt represents bad people?

Header Data

From: “Pat Farrell” <pfarrell@netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c1409f76648238fac151926364771a798c6045d968414a81511168a268fa41e9
Message ID: <32161.pfarrell@netcom.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 31 Aug 94 05:59:32 PDT

Raw message

From: "Pat Farrell" <pfarrell@netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 94 05:59:32 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Bad govt represents bad people?

  "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>  writes:

> Not to denegrate either of those individuals, but the "original" work
> on public choice economics was worth a Nobel Prize some years ago to
> Buchannan (sp?). Its only been recently that the ideas have been
James Buchanan is at GMU, clearly one of the brightest stars on the faculty.

> popularized by others. The concepts are more or less inherent in the
> work of the Austrian school economists as well, so I suppose one
> should credit Mises, Hayek, and the rest...

Required reading, of course. Spontaneous order of markets and all that.

Pat

Pat Farrell      Grad Student                 pfarrell@cs.gmu.edu
Department of Computer Science    George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Public key availble via finger          #include <standard.disclaimer>

Thread