1994-08-06 - Re: RemailerNet

Header Data

From: sameer <sameer@c2.org>
To: jrochkin@cs.oberlin.edu (Jonathan Rochkind)
Message Hash: e3b293b3b063933dcd63a73c1dbe076d2c91a60c38ef6b358c12c9e847bb01d3
Message ID: <199408061150.EAA13826@infinity.c2.org>
Reply To: <199408051528.LAA18523@cs.oberlin.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-06 11:51:53 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 6 Aug 94 04:51:53 PDT

Raw message

From: sameer <sameer@c2.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 94 04:51:53 PDT
To: jrochkin@cs.oberlin.edu (Jonathan Rochkind)
Subject: Re: RemailerNet

> You seem to be talking about a Julf-style anon system, where the system
> knows who you really are. If the system is corrupt, if Julf were an
> NSA agent, then the entire system is compromised and useless.
> I like the cypherpunks remailer concept better, where each link in the chain
> only knows the next link in the chain, and security is achieved by
> multiple links. If several of the links are actually NSA agents, your security

	An alias-based anonymous server which does *not* have the
insecurity of Julf's remailer is running on omega.c2.org.
You can create an identity (terrorist@omega.c2.org for example) and mail
to your identity will go through a remailernet path back to you. The
server doesn't know who you are.

	Look at http://www.c2.org/services/blindserver.html and
http://www.c2.org/services/blindclient.html

--
sameer						Voice:   510-841-2014
Network Administrator				Pager:	 510-321-1014

Thread