1994-08-16 - Re: ecash-info

Header Data

From: Zipper <turner@telecheck.com>
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Message Hash: e9b2117ccebee8d351ee707bca6739d65a6b1a011b0225f828500516e5d362fb
Message ID: <9408160122.AA00880@TeleCheck.com>
Reply To: <199408152026.NAA18081@netcom7.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-16 01:22:28 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Aug 94 18:22:28 PDT

Raw message

From: Zipper <turner@telecheck.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 94 18:22:28 PDT
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: ecash-info

> I found the original message. Digicash has a great product, but their
> marketing skills are rather weak. They need someone that knows how to put
> their product out into the world. Since just about every store I go to
> seems to be a Telecheck customer, you should definitely try to hook up with
> them. I can see big $$ for both of you. Try to talk to the man (David
> Chaum) himself.

Thanks.  I send e-mail to the digicash.support.nl with no luck.  After you
responded, I was interested enough to web out to them until a core dump
dropped me back to reality.  I FTP'd some of their promotional stuff including
Chaum's articles.

For the most part I have been lurking and thought e$ would be nothing more
than a pipe dream, until I saw the beta testing msgs.  Now I am a little more
interested and I am looking for any and all additional research I can find.

I think it would be kinda nifty to come up with some kinda' experimental
beta test here in the States.  I'll do some headscratching and see with
what I can find out.

> It would be great if you could share any info you might obtain with the
> list. Most of us are eager to become customers...
>
> --Lucky

I will CC relevent messages to the list.

Only, any system I develop would have to have a centralized database
to prevent double-spending and fraud.  I don't quite understand how
they are going to work around such a problem, and I can probably
surmize why the total lack of response from them.

--
Joe N. Turner		Telecheck International
turner@telecheck.com    5251 Westheimer, PO BOX 4659, Houston, TX 77210-4659

Thread