1994-08-15 - Re: CARE – Crypto Abuse Resistance Education

Header Data

From: joshua geller <joshua@cae.retix.com>
To: tcmay@netcom.com
Message Hash: f4415bf8affeaf6904b078e3750cbe9c47e0fd4fea77e50fec376d2ffaff5626
Message ID: <199408151747.KAA02050@sleepy.retix.com>
Reply To: <199408151726.KAA10719@netcom9.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-15 17:51:58 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Aug 94 10:51:58 PDT

Raw message

From: joshua geller <joshua@cae.retix.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 94 10:51:58 PDT
To: tcmay@netcom.com
Subject: Re: CARE -- Crypto Abuse Resistance Education

>   > what is even more threatening than this is DARE and similar programs
>   > that encourage people to nark on their friends and family.

>   "My Daddy types strange things on his computer, and, like, I've heard
>   him talk about PGP."

>   "Thank you, Pavel, for reporting this. The Computer Authority is very
>   concerned about such unauthorized uses of computers. That's why we
>   have the CARE program in all 5th and 6th grade classes. Now, wait in
>   the Principal's office for the nice lady from Child Protective
>   Services to pick you up for your nice vacation."

I fully expect that, barring some major change in current trends, in ten
years or less people will be leaving the US as refugees in search of
freedom in eastern europe.

I wish I was joking.

josh

Thread