1994-09-16 - Wiretap Emergency

Header Data

From: Nathan Zook <nzook@bga.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0ce22299c854f68bdc7b91dfc98666e1f22c7c52eff781d32e3328d74a85bb8b
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9409152025.A26639-0100000@ivy.bga.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 15 Sep 94 19:05:58 PDT

Raw message

From: Nathan Zook <nzook@bga.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 94 19:05:58 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Wiretap Emergency

I just spoke with Joe Barton (R) from Texas about the FBI wiretap bill.
He is on a subcommittee that is hearing the bill.  He has heard _no_ citizen
opposition to it.  I was not prepared, but he did invite me to send him
my concerns  :-D

Congressman Joe Barton
1514 Longworth Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
p:202-225-2002
f:202-225-3052

Folks, if we can generate a few hundred calls and well-thought-out faxes
tommorrow, we might have some effect.  I don't know a lot about him, but
he seemed to be of the opinion that he didn't really know that much about
the bill.  It's up to us to educate him.

Nathan

Thread