1994-09-20 - Re: art encryption…

Header Data

From: roy@viewgraphics.com (Roy Franz)
To: pierre@shell.portal.com
Message Hash: 48b28a64d67a5bde5e8b7de9112c8e2a3fbc874d4459951dffc4d1ebb5175f8f
Message ID: <9409201800.AA12283@viewgraphics.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 20 Sep 94 11:10:36 PDT

Raw message

From: roy@viewgraphics.com (Roy Franz)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 94 11:10:36 PDT
To: pierre@shell.portal.com
Subject: Re:  art encryption...

While I was at the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) show last year, I came across a company in the radio hall that had developed a way to mark audio so that if it was copied, it could be traced back to its original source.  Sampling has made this a significant problem in the recording information.  The person that I talked to did not say or seem to know much about the actual process used, but claimed that the signature could withstand sampling and manipulation.  I don't remember the name of the company, but I think the name started with cyrpto

Roy

Thread