1994-09-02 - Re: State Declaration of Ind.

Header Data

From: cactus@bb.com (L. Todd Masco)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 509f595fc91d39ec5a73b208a88640d50d3b72eb6fba11896811103ac7dc2249
Message ID: <346i9k$6rk@bb.com>
Reply To: <940901.205941.4v5.rusnews.w165w@sendai.cybrspc.mn.org>
UTC Datetime: 1994-09-02 06:51:30 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 1 Sep 94 23:51:30 PDT

Raw message

From: cactus@bb.com (L. Todd Masco)
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 94 23:51:30 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: State Declaration of Ind.

In article <940901.205941.4v5.rusnews.w165w@sendai.cybrspc.mn.org>,
Roy M. Silvernail <roy@sendai.cybrspc.mn.org> wrote:
>Ever since the breakup of the former Soviet Union, I have wondered just
>what _is_ holding the USA together.  Within our borders, I think we show
>far more diversity than the former USSR had.  Yet we remain "unified",
>even in the face of ever-growing erosion of citizens' rights.

Yah.

I've wondered about this myself;  If one goes through the Federalist
 Papers, all the arguments made for the formation of the Republic are
 obselete (unless you believe Canada or Mexica is a real threat: I
 don't).

Many of the SF writers forecast a future where something big has grown
 out of the US to be first some sort of western (or northern) hemisphere
 giant, and then futher.  I think this is way off the mark.

I have great hopes for computer networking as a technology: There are
 those who don't realize or who deny that the social impact of this
 technology will be huge: they probably would have said that the printing
 press wouldn't have a large impact, either.
--
L. Todd Masco  | "Which part of 'shall not be infringed' didn't
cactus@bb.com  |   you understand?"

Thread