1994-09-06 - CEB 1A PREMEIRE ISSUE

Header Data

From: “Gary Jeffers” <CCGARY@MIZZOU1.missouri.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 65243fc965c1918d93eaed8336d93de1197d08b4ff857917fb146305c1ab9a70
Message ID: <9409062257.AB16925@toad.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 6 Sep 94 15:57:45 PDT

Raw message

From: "Gary Jeffers" <CCGARY@MIZZOU1.missouri.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 94 15:57:45 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: CEB 1A PREMEIRE ISSUE

         CYPHER-REBELS ELECTRONIC BOOK (CEB)  SEPTEMBER 05, 1994
                          LABOR DAY ISSUE
                          PREMIERE ISSUE
                    Publisher Gary Lee Jeffers
   A compendium of the best software & info for today's electronic
privacy freedom fighters. This text may be distributed in part or
in full anywhere you want. It may be given away freely or copies
may be sold. CEB wants to be free & valuable.

                   TABLE OF CONTENTS

Chapter 1. PGP general.
Section 2: Michael Johnson's PGP FAQ contribution

Chapter 2. Steganography. "A picture is worth a thousand words."

Chapter 3. Shells for PGP
Section 1. David Merriman's WinPGP26.ZIP
Section 2. Ross Barclay's WinFront 3.0

Chapter 4. Generally cool things.
Section 1. Loompanics sources.
Section 2. Viruses sources.

Chapter 5. Getting the Cypherpunks' archived & indexed list.

Chapter 6. Remailers & chained remailers.

Chapter 7. Current problems in Crypt.

 CCCCCCCCCC    YYYY   YYYY    PPPPPP    HH    HH    EEEEEEE   RRRRRRRRR
 CCCCCCCCCC     YY   YY       PP  PP    HH    HH    EEEEEEE   RRRRRRRRR
 CCC            YY  YY        PP  PP    HH    HH    EE        RR     RR
 CCC            YY YY         PPPPPP    HHHHHHHH    EE        RR     RR
 CCC             YYY          PP        HHHHHHHH    EEEEEEE   RR     RR
 CCC             YYY          PP        HH    HH    EEEEEEE   RRRRRRRR
 CCC             YYY          PP        HH    HH    EE        RRRRRRR
 CCC             YYY          PP        HH    HH    EE        RRRRRR
 CCCCCCCCCC      YYY          PP        HH    HH    EE        RR RR
 CCCCCCCCCCC     YYY          PP        HH    HH    EEEEEEE   RR  RR
                              PP        HH    HH    EEEEEEE   RR   RR
    RRRRRRRRRRR                                               RR    RR
   RRRRRRRRRRRRRR                              EEEEEEEEE
   RRRRRRRRRRR    EEEEEEEEEEE   BBBBBBBB      EEEEEEEEEE         SSSSSSS
   RRRRRRRR         EEEEEEEEE   BBBBBBBBBBB   EE EEEEEEE       SSSSSSSSS
  RR   RRRR        EEEEEEEEEE   BBBBBBBBBB  EEEEEEE           SSSSSSSSS
 RRR     RRRR     EEEEEEEE      BBBBBBBB    EEEEEEE          SSSSSSSS
 RRR      RRRRR   EEEEEE        BBBBBB      EEEEEEEE       SSSSSSSSS
 RRRRRRRRRRRRRR   EEEEEEE       BBB         EEEEEEEEEEE    SSSSSSSSSS
 RRRRRRRRRRRRRR   EEEEEEEEEE    BB          EEEEEEEEEEE   SSSSSSS
 RRRRRRR  RRRR    EEEEEEEEEE    BBB         EEEEEEEEEEEEEE SSSSSSSSSSSSS
 RRR    RRRRR     EEEEEEEEEEEE  BBBBB       EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SSSSSSSSSSSS
 RRRRR   RR       EEEEEEEE      BBBBBBB     EEEEEEEEE         SSSSSSSSSS
 RR  RRRRR        EEEEEE        BBBBBBBBB   EEEEEEE          SSSSSSSSSS
 RR    RRRRR      EEEEEE        BBBBBBBBB   EEEEEEE         SSSSSSSSSS
 RRR   RRRRRR     EEEEEEEEEEE    BBBBBBBB   EEEEEEEEEEEE   SSSSSSSSSSS
 RRRR  RRRRRRR    EEEEEEEEEEEEE  BBBBBBB   EEEEEEEEEEEEE SSSSSSSSSSSS

            PPPPPPPPPPP       GGGGGGGGG            PPPPPPPPPPP
           PPPPPPPPPPP       GGGGGGGGG            PPPPPPPPPPP
          PPP       PP      GGG                  PPP       PP
         PPPPPPPPPPPP      GGG GGGGGGG          PPPPPPPPPPP
        PPPPPPPPPP        GGG  GGGGGGG         PPPPPPPP
       PPP               GGG        GG        PPP
      PPP               GGGGGGGGGGGGG        PPP
     PPP                GGGGGGGGGGGG        PPP

Chapter 1. PGP general.

PGP is Pretty Good Privacy from Phil Zimmermann. It is currently the
best available encryption available to civilians at large.
Zimmermann is the programmer on the original PGP versions but now,
apparently, just guides other programmers in making improved versions.
PGP uses two encryption algorithms: RSA for its Public Key powers &
IDEA for its bulk encryption. The advantages of PGP over other
crypt/decrypt systems are:
1. RSA algorithm. Allows users to communicate without needing a secure
channel to exchange keys. - PUBLIC KEY ENCRYPTION.
2. The program system has been very well done & has huge development
support.
3. It has huge popularity.
4. Security is guaranteed with distribution of source code & public
investigation.
5. Its free.
6. Both RSA & IDEA are "STRONG" algorithms.

MIT,s PGP 2.6 has the blessing of Zimmermann.
PGP 2.6 ui is believed to have Zimmermann's approval because he has not
attacked it. It is believed that Zimmermann will not endorse the ui
version due to possible legal problems.

Section 2: Michael Johnson's PGP FAQ contribution

From: Michael Paul Johnson <mpj@netcom.com>
Subject: Where to get the latest PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) FAQ
To: cypherpunks@toad.com

WHERE TO GET THE PRETTY GOOD PRIVACY PROGRAM (PGP)
(Last modified: 11 August 1994 by Mike Johnson)

WHAT IS THE LATEST VERSION?

There is more than one latest version.  Pick one or more of the following
that best suits your computer, patent restrictions, and export restrictions.
Some countries (like France) may also restrict import or even use of strong
cryptography like PGP.

 |-----------------|--------------|-------------|---------------------|
 | Platform(s)     | Countries    | Allowed Use | Latest Version      |
 |-----------------|--------------|-------------|---------------------|
 | DOS, Unix,      | USA & Canada | Commercial  | Viacrypt PGP 2.7    |
 | or WinCIM/CSNav |              | Personal    |                     |
 |                 |              | Research    |                     |
 |-----------------|--------------|-------------|---------------------|
 | DOS, Unix, Mac, | USA & Canada | Personal    | MIT PGP 2.6         |
 | OS/2, others    |              | Research    |                     |
 |-----------------|--------------|-------------|---------------------|
 | DOS, Unix, Mac, | Most of the  | Personal    | PGP 2.6ui           |
 | OS/2, others    | world except | Research    | ui=unofficial       |
 |                 | the USA.     |             |    international    |
 |-----------------|--------------|-------------|---------------------|
 | Mac Applescript | Most of the  | Personal    | MacPGP 2.6ui v 1.2  |
 |                 | world except | Research    |                     |
 |                 | the USA.     |             |                     |
 |-----------------|--------------|-------------|---------------------|
 | Mac Applescript | USA          | Research    | MacPGP 2.6ui v 1.2  |
 |-----------------|--------------|-------------|---------------------|
 | Amiga           | Most of the  | Personal    | Amiga PGP 2.3a.4    |
 |                 | world except | Research    |                     |
 |                 | the USA.     |             | PGPAmi23a_4.lha     |
 |-----------------|--------------|-------------|---------------------|
 | Amiga           | USA          | Personal    | Amiga PGP 2.6 0b0.6 |
 |                 |              | Research    |                     |
 |-----------------|--------------|-------------|---------------------|
 | Atari           | Most of the  | Personal    | Atari PGP 2.3a      |
 |                 | world except | Research    |                     |
 |                 | the USA.     |             |                     |
 |-----------------|--------------|-------------|---------------------|
 | Atari           | USA          | Research    | Atari PGP 2.3a      |
 |-----------------|--------------|-------------|---------------------|
 | Any of the      | Countries    | Commercial  | Any of the above    |
 | above           | where IDEA   | Personal    |                     |
 |                 | is not       | Research    |                     |
 |                 | patented and |             |                     |
 |                 | cryptography |             |                     |
 |                 | is not       |             |                     |
 |                 | restricted.  |             |                     |
 |-----------------|--------------|-------------|---------------------|

Note:  there are other versions available, but these are either old, or
outside of the mainstream PGP project.  Look for new versions from one of
three sources:  Viacrypt (Commercial), MIT (North American freeware), or
mathew@mantis.co.uk (the unofficially non-designated holder of the unofficial
international version that parallels what Philip Zimmermann and the rest of
the PGP development team is doing in the USA.

Note that the MIT PGP 2.6 is illegal to export from the USA or Canada, but
using it outside of the USA and Canada for noncommercial use is not illegal
in most countries.  In spite of the best efforts of MIT and the other primary
developers and distributors of PGP not to violate the International Traffic
in Arms Regulations, MIT PGP 2.6 is available on some of the same sites
listed for PGP 2.6ui, below.  The noncommercial use restriction comes from
both the RSAREF license and the patent on the IDEA cipher in Europe and North
America.

WHAT IS ALL THIS NONSENSE ABOUT EXPORT CONTROLS?

For a detailed rant, get ftp://ftp.csn.net/mpj/cryptusa.zip

The practical meaning, until the law is corrected to make sense, is that you
are requested to get PGP from sites outside of the USA and Canada if you are
outside of the USA and Canada.  If you are in France, I understand that you
aren't even supposed import it.  Other countries may be worse.

WHAT IS THE "TIME BOMB" IN MIT PGP 2.6?

As a concession to the RSA patent holders (in return for endorsement of the
legality of the freeware MIT PGP 2.6), MIT placed an inducement in MIT PGP
2.6 to encourage upgrade from the alledgedly patent-infringing PGP 2.3a to
the MIT version.  The nature of this inducement is a change in a packet ID
byte that causes PGP 2.3a and earlier to reject messages created by MIT PGP
2.6 after 1 September 1994.  Altering MIT PGP 2.6 to bypass this annoyance
(though technically an easy change to the LEGAL_KLUDGE), invalidates the
blessing of Public Key Partners on the licence of MIT PGP 2.6.  Therefore, it
is a bad idea.  On the other hand, it is trivial to hack PGP 2.3a to accept
these packets, and that (plus a few other bug fixes) is essentially what PGP
2.6ui is.  None of the versions of PGP greater than 2.3 have problems reading
the old packet ID values, so for maximum compatibility, the ideal is to write
the old value and accept either value.

Unfortunately, this time bomb has a negative effect on Viacrypt PGP 2.4, as
well, which never infringed on anyone's patents.  Viacrypt's solution was to
issue PGP 2.7, which, by default acts just like MIT PGP 2.6, but has a
config.txt option (explained in the release) that allows compatibility with
both PGP 2.4 and PGP 2.6.  Naturally, this also allows compatibility with PGP
2.3a.

The time bomb is annoying for those who still wish to use PGP 2.3a, and for
those who use Viacrypt PGP 2.4 and don't want to spend US$10 to upgrade to
Viacrypt PGP 2.7, but considering the magnitude of the concession made by
Public Key Partners in legitimizing the freeware PGP for use in the USA, it
was worth it.

ARE MY KEYS COMPATIBLE WITH THE OTHER PGP VERSIONS?

If your RSA key modulus length is less than or equal to 1024 bits (I don't
recommend less, unless you have a really slow computer and little patience),
and if your key was generated in the PKCS format, then it will work with any
of the mainstream PGP versions (PGP 2.3a, Viacrypt PGP 2.4, MIT PGP 2.6, PGP
2.6ui, or Viacrypt PGP 2.7).  If this is not the case, you really should
generate a new key that qualifies.

Philip Zimmermann is aware of the desire for longer keys in PGP by some PGP
fans (like me), but wants to migrate towards that goal in an orderly way, by
first releasing versions of PGP in for all platforms and for both commercial
(Viacrypt) and freeware (MIT) flavors that ACCEPT long keys, then releasing
versions that can also GENERATE long keys.  He also has some other neat key
management ideas that he plans to implement in future versions.

WHAT ARE THE KNOWN BUGS IN PGP?

These are the most annoying:

MIT PGP 2.6 -- the function xorbytes doesn't.  Replace the = with ^= to fix
               it.  The effect of this bug is that RSA keys aren't quite as
               random as they should be -- probably not a practical problem,
               but worth fixing if you are going to compile the code
               yourself.

MIT PGP 2.6 -- DON'T SET PGPPASS when editing your keys, because if you do,
               and if you don't change your pass phrase, the key is lost.
               (If this happens, rename your backup keyring files to the
               primary files before you do anything else).

PGP 2.6ui --   Conventional encryption -c option doesn't use a different IV
               every time, like it is supposed to.  (PGP 2.3a had this
               problem, too).

WHERE CAN I GET VIACRYPT PGP?

Versions are available for DOS, Unix, or WinCIM/CSNav
Commercial software.  Call 800-536-2664 to order.

If you are a commercial user of PGP in the USA or Canada, contact Viacrypt in
Phoenix, Arizona, USA.  The commecial version of PGP is fully licensed to use
the patented RSA and IDEA encryption algorithms in commercial applications,
and may be used in corporate environments in the USA and Canada.  It is fully
compatible with, functionally the same as, and just as strong as the freeware
version of PGP. Due to limitations on ViaCrypt's RSA distribution license,
ViaCrypt only distributes executable code and documentation for it, but they
are working on making PGP available for a variety of platforms.  Call or
write to them for the latest information.  The latest version number for
their version of PGP is 2.7.

Upgrade from Viacrypt PGP 2.4 to 2.7 is free if you bought version 2.4 after
May 27, 1994, otherwise the upgrade is US$10.

Viacrypt's licensing and price information is as follows:

ViaCrypt PGP for MS-DOS             1 user        $  99.98
ViaCrypt PGP for MS-DOS             5 users       $ 299.98
ViaCrypt PGP for MS-DOS       20 users or more, call ViaCrypt

ViaCrypt PGP for UNIX               1 user        $ 149.98
ViaCrypt PGP for UNIX               5 users       $ 449.98
ViaCrypt PGP for UNIX         20 users or more, call ViaCrypt

ViaCrypt PGP for WinCIM/CSNav       1 user        $ 119.98
ViaCrypt PGP for WinCIM/CSNav       5 user        $ 359.98
ViaCrypt PGP for WinCIM/CSNav 20 users or more, call ViaCrypt

If you wish to place an order please call 800-536-2664 during the
hours of 8:30am to 5:00pm MST, Monday - Friday.  They accept VISA,
MasterCard, AMEX and Discover credit cards.

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact:
 Paul E. Uhlhorn
 Director of Marketing, ViaCrypt Products
 Mail:          2104 W. Peoria Ave
                Phoenix AZ 85029
 Phone:         (602) 944-0773
 Fax:           (602) 943-2601
 Internet:      viacrypt@acm.org
 Compuserve:    70304.41

WHERE CAN I GET MIT PGP?

MIT PGP is Copyrighted freeware.
Telnet to net-dist.mit.edu, log in as getpgp, answer the questions, then ftp
to net-dist.mit.edu and change to the hidden directory named in the telnet
session to get your own copy.

MIT-PGP is for U. S. and Canadian use only, but MIT is only distributing it
within the USA (due to some archaic export control laws).

1.  Read ftp://net-dist.mit.edu/pub/PGP/mitlicen.txt and agree to it.
2.  Read ftp://net-dist.mit.edu/pub/PGP/rsalicen.txt and agree to it.
3.  Telnet to net-dist.mit.edu and log in as getpgp.
4.  Answer the questions and write down the directory name listed.
5.  QUICKLY end the telnet session with ^C and ftp to the indicated directory
    on net-dist.mit.edu (something like /pub/PGP/dist/U.S.-only-????) and get
    the distribution files (pgp26.zip, pgp26doc.zip, pgp26src.tar.gz,
    MacPGP2.6.sea.hqx, and MacPGP2.6.src.sea.hqx).
    If the hidden directory name is invalid, start over at step 3, above.

File names (shortened file names are for DOS BBS distribution):
pgp26doc.zip - documentation only
pgp26.zip    - includes DOS executable & documentation
pgp26src.zip - source code
pgp26src.tar or pgp26src.tar.gz - source code release for Unix and others
macpgp26.hqx or MacPGP2.6.sea.hqx - Macintosh executable & documentation
macpgp26.src or MacPGP2.6.src.sea.hqx - Macintosh source code
mcpgp268.hqx or MacPGP2.6-68000.sea.hqx - Macintosh executable for 68000
pgp26os2.zip - OS/2 executable (may not be on the MIT archive)

RSA and IDEA algorithms licenced for personal and noncommercial use.
Uses RSAREF, which may not be modified without RSADSI permission.
Contains "time bomb" to start generating messages incompatible with PGP 2.3
and 2.4 on 1 September 1994 as an incentive for people to not use PGP 2.3a in
the USA, which RSADSI claims infringes on their patents.  Mac versions are
not yet Applescriptable.  This version is not intended for export from the
USA and Canada due to the USA's International Traffic in Arms Regulations and
Canada's corresponding regulations.

You can also get MIT PGP 2.6 from:

ftp.csn.net/mpj
    ftp://ftp.csn.net/mpj/I_will_not_export/crypto_???????/pgp/pgp26.zip
    ftp://ftp.csn.net/mpj/I_will_not_export/crypto_???????/pgp/pgp26src.zip
    ftp://ftp.csn.net/mpj/I_will_not_export/crypto_???????/pgp/pgp26os2.zip
ftp://ftp.csn.net/mpj/I_will_not_export/crypto_???????/pgp/pgp26src.tar.gz
    ftp://ftp.csn.net/mpj/I_will_not_export/crypto_???????/pgp/mac
        MacPGP2.6.sea.hqx
        MacPGP2.6.src.sea.hqx
        MacPGP2.6-68000.sea.hqx
    ftp://ftp.csn.net/mpj/I_will_not_export/crypto_???????/pgp/amiga/
        pgp26-amiga0b0.6-000.lha
        pgp26-amiga0b0.6-020.lha
        pgp26-amiga0b0.6-src.lha
        amiga.txt
    See ftp://ftp.csn.net/mpj/README.MPJ for the ???????
    See ftp://ftp.csn.net/mpj/help for more help on negotiating this site's
    export control methods.

ftp.netcom.com/pub/mpj
    ftp://ftp.netcom.com/mpj/I_will_not_export/crypto_???????/pgp/pgp26.zip
ftp://ftp.netcom.com/mpj/I_will_not_export/crypto_???????/pgp/pgp26src.tar.gz
    ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/mpj/I_will_not_export/crypto_???????/pgp/
        MacPGP2.6.sea.hqx
    ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/mpj/I_will_not_export/crypto_???????/pgp/
        MacPGP2.6.src.sea.hqx
        MacPGP2.6-68000.sea.hqx
    See ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/mpj/README.MPJ for the ???????
    See ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/mpj/help for more help on negotiating this
    site's export control methods.
    TO GET THESE FILES BY EMAIL, send mail to ftp-request@netcom.com
    containing the word HELP in the body of the message for instructions.
    You will have to work quickly to get README.MPJ then the files before
    the ??????? part of the path name changes again (several times a day).

ftp.eff.org
    Follow the instructions found in README.Dist that you get from one of:
    ftp://ftp.eff.org/pub/Net_info/Tools/Crypto/README.Dist
    gopher.eff.org, 1/Net_info/Tools/Crypto
    gopher://gopher.eff.org/11/Net_info/Tools/Crypto
    http://www.eff.org/pub/Net_info/Tools/Crypto/

COMPUSERVE

The NCSA Forum sysops have a library that is available only to people who
send them a message asserting that they are within the U. S. A.  This library
contains PGP.  I have also seen PGP 2.6 in some other places on Compuserve.
Try searching for PGP26.ZIP in the IBMFF forum for up-to-date information on
PGP in selected other areas.  The last time I tried a search like this, PGP
2.6 was found in the PC World Online forum (GO PWOFORUM) new uploads area,
along with several PGP shells and accessories.  I've also heard that
EUROFORUM caries PGP 2.6ui, but have not confirmed this.

Compuserve file names are even more limited than DOS, so the file names to
look for are PGP26.ZIP, PGP26S.ZIP (source code), and PGP26D.ZIP
(documentation only).

Colorado Catacombs BBS
    Mike Johnson, sysop
    Mac and DOS versions of PGP, PGP shells, and some other crypto stuff.
    Also the home of some good Bible search files and some shareware written
    by Mike Johnson, including DLOCK, CRYPTA, CRYPTE, CRYPTMPJ, MCP, MDIR,
    DELETE, PROVERB, SPLIT, ONEPAD, etc.
    v.FAST/v.32bis/v.42bis, speeds up to 28,800 bps
    8 data bits, 1 stop, no parity, as fast as your modem will go.
    Use ANSI terminal emulation, of if you can't, try VT-100.
    Free access to PGP.  If busy or no answer, try again later.
    Log in with your own name, or if someone else already used that, try
    a variation on your name or pseudonym.  You can request access to
    crypto software on line, and if you qualify legally under the ITAR,
    you can download on the first call.
    Download file names:  pgp26.zip (DOS version with documentation)
                          pgp26src.tar (Unix version and source code)
                          pgp26doc.zip (Documentation only -- exportable)
                          macpgp26.hqx (MacPGP executables, binhexed .sea)
                          macpgp26.src (MacPGP source, binhexed .sea)
                          mcpgp268.hqx (MacPGP executables, binhexed .sea for
                                        68000 processor).
    (303) 772-1062  Longmont, Colorado number - 2 lines.
    (303) 938-9654  Boulder, Colorado number forwarded to Longmont number
                    intended for use by people in the Denver, Colorado area.
    Verified: This morning.

    Hieroglyphics Voodoo Machine (Colorado)
    Jim Still (aka Johannes Keppler), sysop.
    DOS, OS2, and Mac versions.
    (303) 443-2457
    For free access for PGP, DLOCK, Secure Drive, etc., log in as "VOO DOO"
    with the password "NEW" (good for 30 minutes access to free files).

Other BBS and ftp sites do have these files, as well.  I noticed that
PGP26.ZIP is being distributed on FIDONET.

WHERE CAN I GET PGP FOR USE OUTSIDE OF THE USA?

The latest for outside the USA is the "Unofficial International" PGP 2.6 for
most platforms, MacPGP 2.3aV1.2 for the Mac (although 2.6ui is under
development and should appear very soon), and 2.3a.4 for the Amiga.  The
latest amiga version is fully compatible with MIT's PGP 2.6.

Copyrighted freeware.
Version 2.6ui released by mathew@mantis.co.uk.
Amiga version 2.3a4 released by Peter Simons <simons@peti.gun.de>

These versions do NOT use RSAREF.  No RSA patent problems outside the USA, but
this version is not legal for commercial or extensive personal use in the
USA.  IDEA licensed for presonal use only in countries where the IDEA patent
holds.

The freeware version of PGP is intended for noncommercial, experimental, and
scholarly use.  It is available on thousands of BBSes, commercial information
services, and Internet anonymous-ftp archive sites on the planet called
Earth.  This list cannot be comprehensive, but it should give you plenty of
pointers to places to find PGP.  Although the latest freeware version of PGP
was released from outside the USA (England), it is not supposed to be
exported from the USA under a strange law called the International Traffic in
Arms Regulations (ITAR).  Because of this, please get PGP from a site outside
the USA if you are outside of the USA and Canada.  Even though the RSAREF
license associated with PGP 2.6 from MIT no longer prohibits use outside the
USA, it still carries the not-for-profit restriction that the original RSA
code in PGP 2.6ui doesn't have.  On the other hand, patents on the IDEA
cipher may limit PGP use in your country to nonprofit applications, anyway.
Indeed, I understand that there are some countries where private electronic
mail is not legal, anyway.

These listings are subject to change without notice.  If you find that PGP has
been removed from any of these sites, please let me know so that I can update
this list.  Likewise, if you find PGP on a good site elsewhere (especially on
any BBS that allows first time callers to access PGP for free), please let me
know so that I can update this list.

Source code (gzipped tar format):
     * _UK:_ ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/pgp/pgp26ui-src.tar.gz
     * _UK:_ ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/pgp/pgp26ui-src.tar.gz.sig
     * _IT:_ ftp://ftp.dsi.unimi.it/pub/security/crypt/PGP/pgp26ui-src.tar.gz
     * _IT:_
      ftp://ftp.dsi.unimi.it/pub/security/crypt/PGP/pgp26ui-src.tar.gz.sig.gz
     * _TW:_ ftp://nctuccca.edu.tw/PC/wuarchive/pgp/pgp26ui-src.tar.gz
     * _TW:_ ftp://nctuccca.edu.tw/PC/wuarchive/pgp/pgp26ui-src.tar.gz.sig.gz

Source code (zip format):
     * _UK:_ ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/pgp/pgp26uis.sig
     * _UK:_ ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/pgp/pgp26uis.zip
     * _IT:_ ftp://ftp.dsi.unimi.it/pub/security/crypt/PGP/pgp26uis.sig
     * _IT:_ ftp://ftp.dsi.unimi.it/pub/security/crypt/PGP/pgp26uis.zip
     * _TW:_ ftp://nctuccca.edu.tw/PC/wuarchive/pgp/pgp26uis.zip

Executable for DOS (zip format):
     * _UK:_ ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/pgp/pgp26uix.sig
     * _UK:_ ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/pgp/pgp26uix.zip
     * _IT:_ ftp://ftp.dsi.unimi.it/pub/security/crypt/PGP/pgp26uix.sig

Thread