1994-09-09 - Black Cryptoanarchy (KKK, monopolies, contract killing)

Header Data

From: kkk@asc.bu.edu
To: N/A
Message Hash: 8a76f5c4c86360cac35c0d00638805c6e8a548014b93c398884e190cd612d259
Message ID: <199409092101.RAA14180@BU.EDU>
Raw Date: Fri, 9 Sep 94 14:01:27 PDT

Raw message

From: kkk@asc.bu.edu
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 94 14:01:27 PDT
Subject: Black Cryptoanarchy (KKK, monopolies, contract killing)

>I am trying to understand the arguments for these points of view... I
>consider myself to be extremely "liberal" in my political philosophy, and I
>have a lot of respect for the arguments of libertarians.  But I am
>continually pulled back to the "test case" issue of racist employment
>practices.  This is the case where the argument is most difficult for me to
>buy.  I am not sure whether Blanc would hold that businesses should be free
>to engage in racist hiring policies if that is their decision, but it seems
>clear that Tim May does hold this position, and I understand that this is
>in fact the classic libertarian position.  The argument seems to be that in
>a free society, natural cooperative processes will provide a form of
>"autoregulation" to discourage the widespread development of oppression of
>specific classes of individuals.

So, what gives you the right to stick your nose into other peoples
business practices.  I believe that if I hire a person to do some
task it should be my decision as to what sort of person I hire as
it is my money that I am paying them and my business that suffers
if I am forced into hiring someone based on something other than
good business reasons.

>Organizations such as the KKK could accrue the financial support of large
>numbers of members to create strong social and economic pressures to
>oppress segments of the population in specific areas, yet the source of
>these pressures may be impossible to trace.

The same could be said about the Democratic Party in the USA.

>If there is a reason why these concerns are unfounded, I would very much
>appreciate hearing refutations.  I certainly don't want any of these
>possibilities to materialize, but I don't see any way around them in a
>completely "cryptoanarchic" society.

I think that it would be a Healthy Change instead of the crap
that you seem to perfer.

Thread