1994-09-06 - NY Times Fears C’punks

Header Data

From: pstemari@bismark.cbis.com (Paul J. Ste. Marie)
To: roy@sendai.cybrspc.mn.org
Message Hash: 90c4af12008ac29904d6048dc33fbfb647f89ae70057de671f82b4a67c006279
Message ID: <9409061240.AA12614@focis.sda.cbis.COM>
Reply To: <940903.152223.7n1.rusnews.w165w@sendai.cybrspc.mn.org>
UTC Datetime: 1994-09-06 12:41:10 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 6 Sep 94 05:41:10 PDT

Raw message

From: pstemari@bismark.cbis.com (Paul J. Ste. Marie)
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 94 05:41:10 PDT
To: roy@sendai.cybrspc.mn.org
Subject: NY Times Fears C'punks

> > Big Brother is dead. The only serious likelihood of his resurrection
> > lies in reaction to the chaos and disintegration that an era of Little
> > Brothers might bring.
>
> Is this the NYT being out of touch, or are they just showing off their
> tentaclehood?  To me, that reads like a threat against those who oppose
> the Government Private Agenda.

No, I wouldn't say that.  What they're predicting there is that the
massive state will die, smaller groups and cults (ala the Assassins)
will replace it with non-territorial based fighting, and that the
reaction to the abuses of the smaller groups and cults will cause a
popular demand for a resurrection of the big Brother-style govt.

It's an interesting thought, but I don't see that Big Brother is on
his deathbed, which is their starting premise.

Thread