1994-09-23 - Re: kerberosV telnet

Header Data

From: michael shiplett <michael.shiplett@umich.edu>
To: perry@imsi.com
Message Hash: 972abc3520c8e37cfcb22e1cce9dad2c25a8da3ed7992f60c18bc94d68e653b9
Message ID: <199409231413.KAA26039@judgmentday.rs.itd.umich.edu>
Reply To: <9409231323.AA14290@snark.imsi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-09-23 14:13:39 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 23 Sep 94 07:13:39 PDT

Raw message

From: michael shiplett <michael.shiplett@umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 94 07:13:39 PDT
To: perry@imsi.com
Subject: Re: kerberosV telnet

"pem" == Perry E Metzger <perry@imsi.com> writes:

"jp" == Jef Poskanzer says:

jp> Anyone have any fun diffs for kerberized telnet/telnetd that I
jp> could play with?  An IDEA encryption module?  A Diffie-Hellman
jp> module?  Standards not necessary, we're just experimenting here.

pem> The Cygnus release of Kerberos v4 contains much of what you
pem> want. The 4.4 BSD version of Telnet also contains much of what
pem> you want.

  The Cygnus Network Security product now contains telnet/telnetd?
When I pulled it over (early in the year), it didn't have much more
than some KPOP tools and the standard Kerberos tools. Is ftp/ftpd
included as well?

michael

Thread