1994-09-15 - ANNOUNCEMENT: Bionomics 2nd Annual Conference, “The Next Economy- An Evolving Information Ecosystem”

Header Data

From: conference94/Bionomics<conference94@bionomics.org>
To: Bionomics List Server addresses<Bionomics_List_Server_addresses@notes.worldcom.com>
Message Hash: c68eee2e6c1341183551080de9fd77e607fa8253a8b8f3a856cf76cb93e500db
Message ID: <9409152318.AA1072@notes.worldcom.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 15 Sep 94 14:12:50 PDT

Raw message

From: conference94/Bionomics<conference94@bionomics.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 94 14:12:50 PDT
To: Bionomics List Server addresses<Bionomics_List_Server_addresses@notes.worldcom.com>
Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: Bionomics 2nd Annual Conference, "The Next Economy- An Evolving Information Ecosystem"

CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"World class... I found the spontaneous cross-pollination of ideas extremely
valuable."
(Gilbert F. Amelio, President and CEO, National Semiconductor)

How is NEW TECHNOLOGY transforming the economy?
How will IT alter the fundamental qualities of economic life?
Come explore the truths and consequences of the infoweb with us.
Because 19th Century answers can't solve 21st Century problems.

You are invited to attend the

Bionomics Institute's 2nd Annual Conference:
The Next Economy - An Evolving Information Ecosystem

October 21-22,1994
San Francisco Marriott

"It will rock your world."
(Bill Melton, Founder & Former Chairman, Verifone)

This two day event brings together leading-edge thinkers and doers from a
remarkable variety of disciplines for fresh insights into the technological,
economic, and political implications of the epochal shift from the Machine
Age to the Information Age.

Who We Are
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"Outstanding!"
(Irwin Glenn, Principal Technologist, Massively Parallel Processing, Oracle
Corporation)

At The Bionomics Institute, we provide new ways to envision the emerging
Information Age economy and the changes it will bring to our personal lives,
business strategies and public policy.  We'll help you comprehend what is
happening and navigate the uncharted territory ahead.

Please join keynote speakers

>>>Walter Williams, leading free-market thinker, economist and defender of
personal liberty.  Prof. Williams has a nationally syndicated newspaper
column and is regularly featured on *Nightline*, *Face the Nation*,
 *Crossfire*, *Nightly Business Report*, *Wall St. Week* and
*MacNeil-Lehrer*.

>>>Tom Ray,  artificial life pioneer, evolutionary biologist,  and creator of
the first Internet reserve for the evolution of digital organisms.  Prof.
Ray's groundbreaking work has been featured in *Newsweek*, *Science*,
*Wired*, *The Economist*  and many other publications.

as well as

>>John Perry Barlow, co-founder, Electronic Frontier Foundation, leading
defender of Information Age privacy

>>Admiral John Donegan (ret.), Commander, Naval Command, Control and Ocean
Surveillance Center

>>James Dowe, President, Excalibur Technologies

>>Jeffrey Eisenach, President, Progress and Freedom Foundation

>>Dee Hock, founder and CEO emeritus, VISA

>>Bernardo Huberman, Area Manager, Dynamics of Computation Group, Xerox Palo
Alto Research Center

>>Brewster Kahle, Pres. WAIS Inc., premier Internet navigation technology

>>Joel Kotkin, author of *TRIBES:  How Race, Religion & Identity Determine
Success in the  New Global Economy*

>>Don Lavoie, Director, Program on Social & Org'l Learning, George Mason
Univ.

>>Axel Leijonhufvud, Director, Center for Computable Economics, UCLA

>>Randal O'Toole, Director & forest economist, Cascade Holistic Economic
Consultants

>>Virginia Postrel, Editor, *Reason*  magazine-  "Free Minds & Free Markets"

>>Michael Rothschild, author of Bionomics, columnist for *Forbes ASAP* and
*Upside*

and some of the smartest people you've never heard of.

For those who still need convincing
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you weren't there last year, you already missed one conference that

"Is the second best conference I attend each year."
(Dan Lynch, Chairman and Founder, INTEROP conference,  Sante Fe Institute
Trustee)

"Provided more info in five minutes than seven days of a standard business
conference."
(Dave Padden, Founder, Heartland Institute, and Board Member, Cato Institute)

"Taught us lessons we use every day."
(Leo Linbeck, Jr., Chairman & CEO, Linbeck Corporation, and former Chairman,
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas)

"Was one of the most well organized and exciting programs I have ever
attended."
(John Baden, Chairman, Foundation for Research on Economics & the
Environment)

Has a "high-powered exchange of ideas...during two intense days."
(Robert Poole, Jr., President, Reason Foundation)

Don't miss another.

SIGN ME UP!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
San Francisco Marriott
October 21-22, 1994

Become a sponsor and receive an invitation to the VIP speakers' reception
before the conference and a special mention in the program, as well as your
conference attendance (and The Bionomics Institute's deepest gratitude).

$1,000 Sponsor
$   345  Regular
$   295  Early (by 9/15)
$   100  Student/Non-Profit

Register by 9/15 (VISA/Mastercard/Checks) and receive $50 off plus a copy of
"Pre-existing Condition" -- a bionomic analysis of health care policy

The Bionomics Institute
415/454-1000 (voice)
415/454-7460 (fax)
Conference94@Bionomics.org

Please email, fax or phone the following information
Name:
Title:
Address2:
Address3: