1994-09-23 - Re: any CP going to the International Cryptography Institute this week?

Header Data

From: p.v.mcmahon.rea0803@oasis.icl.co.uk
To: jim@acm.org
Message Hash: cb29648405dad0d7fbc043a679d8b375b0aa6ab644b98bdc5fc1753426c10d00
Message ID: <9409221800.AA14481@getafix.oasis.icl.co.uk>
Raw Date: Fri, 23 Sep 94 00:22:19 PDT

Raw message

From: p.v.mcmahon.rea0803@oasis.icl.co.uk
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 94 00:22:19 PDT
To: jim@acm.org
Subject: Re: any CP going to the International Cryptography Institute this week?

> > Carl Ellison <cme@tis.com> writes:
> > I have the program in front of me and it looks ominous.
>
> Here's a soft copy.  At least you can say it appears to present a consistent
> point of view.

You may be right, but I think you will find that the commercial
speakers will raise a different set of "global challenges" to those
identified by governments.

>                That should be good for the keynote speakers, Mr. Freeh and
> Mr. Gore.  (The soft copy shows Mr. Glickman as the other keynote; a hardcopy
> in front of me here shows Mr. Gore --I don't know which is more recent.)

One of my colleagues is among the speakers. We don't plan to advocate
GAK or key escrow ...

Thread