1994-09-07 - Re: Reputation Capital papers?

Header Data

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
To: Hal <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: dcf057a0c22d9ea5794a7b4731c1faa8b37df03eaf5060d3ad11e0c49bc9aa90
Message ID: <199409070258.WAA09806@zork.tiac.net>
Raw Date: Tue, 6 Sep 94 20:00:08 PDT

Raw message

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 94 20:00:08 PDT
To: Hal <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Reputation Capital papers?

At  3:20 PM 9/6/94 -0700, Hal wrote:

>P.S. I did find a paper on the net called "Endorsements, Licensing,
>and Insurance for Distributed System Services", by Lai, Medvinsky,
>and Newman of Information Sciences Institute.  Here is the abstract:

[snip...]

>Unfortunately, I can't recall where I saw the pointer to this paper.
>I'm sure other people read the same lists and newsgroups I do so perhaps
>someone else can provide a pointer.  Also, my copy of the postscript
>paper would only print the first three pages, so I can't really evaluate
>their ideas.

Try this...

>From: bcn@ISI.EDU
>Date: Sun, 4 Sep 1994 13:05:42 -0700
>To: www-buyinfo@allegra.att.com, kerberos@mit.edu
>Subject: New paper available
>
>A new paper is available by FTP that may be of interest to the readers
>of this list.  The paper will be presented in November at the Second
>ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security.
>
>   Charlie Lai, Gennady Medvinsky, and B. Clifford Neuman.  Endorsements,
>   Licensing, and Insurance for Distributed System Services.  2nd ACM
>   Conference on Computer and Communications Security, Fairfax VA,
>   November 1994.
>
>The paper discusses mechanisms for confidence building on the NII. In
>particular it discusses methods by which users may assure themselves
>of the competence and honesty of service providers on the network.
>The paper is available as:
>
>  ftp://prospero.isi.edu/pub/papers/security/insurance-cccs94.ps.Z
>
>Clifford Neuman

I didn't drop off the face of the earth, I just got a hot project thrown
into my lap.  I really want to come back and talk about offline cash some
more, <groan!> but I won't have a chance for a bit.

Anyway this thread is way cool....

Bye!

Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga  (rah@shipwright.com) "There is no difference between someone
Shipwright Development Corporation     who eats too little and sees Heaven and
44 Farquhar Street                       someone who drinks too much and sees
Boston, MA 02331 USA                       snakes." -- Bertrand Russell
(617) 323-7923

Thread