1994-10-05 - Re: Government vs. Markets

Header Data

From: Ray Cromwell <rcromw1@gl.umbc.edu>
To: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: 69ba0eb9a9a816c7031c1aab5e2aa8002a0fdc5e683d36beadea40945064cefb
Message ID: <199410052044.QAA01356@umbc9.umbc.edu>
Reply To: <199410051829.LAA03358@netcom6.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-10-05 20:44:35 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 5 Oct 94 13:44:35 PDT

Raw message

From: Ray Cromwell <rcromw1@gl.umbc.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 94 13:44:35 PDT
To: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: Government vs. Markets

Tim May writes:
> Government standards are a two-edged sword. Many of us would prefer to
> "opt out" of their idea of what's healthy and safe and what's not.

   Are you crazy? If you were allowed to opt out of government
standards and eat what you want, you'd be driving up healthcare
costs! That's unfair to your brothers and sisters! The government
will stop you anyway by requiring everyone to have quarterly checkups
and then have the medical records of people with unhealthy lifestyles
sent to them. If you refuse, you won't get to be in the government
healthcare system, which is only fair since you're driving up
everyone else's costs like a sociopath.

-Ray
p.s. I hate to have to do this, but some people lack a sacasm detector,

"Be very afraid, the Flavor Savor(tm) tomatoes are going to kill us
all!"

Thread