1994-10-04 - NRO Article in current Covert Action Quarterly

Header Data

From: Eric Blossom <eb@comsec.com>
To: fhalper@pilot.njin.net
Message Hash: 70348be869499b7ab324a4971c12f02c21544edfef38c96db6707b338c2cc37d
Message ID: <199410042305.QAA00789@comsec.com>
Reply To: <9410031913.AA05574@pilot.njin.net>
UTC Datetime: 1994-10-04 23:26:02 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 4 Oct 94 16:26:02 PDT

Raw message

From: Eric Blossom <eb@comsec.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 94 16:26:02 PDT
To: fhalper@pilot.njin.net
Subject: NRO Article in current Covert Action Quarterly

Frederic Halper writes:

> I just finished reading the Puzzle Palace and I thought it was quite
> interesting Does anyone know where I could find some more info on the
> NRO and DIA, or even info on what the NSA has been up to for the last
> ten or so years, besides the obvious.  Thanks to whoever recommended
> the book to me, I don't remember who it was.

The current issue of Covert Action Quarterly contains a fairly
interesting article about the NRO.  Included are estimates of funding
and organization, as well as the mechanisms used to determine these.

Most claims are substantiated with citations to various congressional
reports, etc.

It's worth the read.

Eric

Thread